Orland's 2016 Fourth-of- July Parade
Newville Cemetery - West of Orland
New Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument
Postcard for Valla's Blue Gum Restaurant north of Willows
First National Bank and Masonic Building - Orland - 1921
Spring 2010 Meeting Location
120 N. Lassen St.
The Clubhouse is about one block from the Willows Museum.
Sacramento River Scene
Willows Train Station - Circa 1905
Historical Buildings in the Area:
The refurbished Bayliss Carnegie Library was designed by the famous architect William Henry Weeks, and was built in 1917. It is registered with the California Office of Historic Preservation. It is still open one day per week on Tuesdays. It's located on County Rd. 39 (the Blue Gum-Bayliss Rd.) in the unincorporated community of Glenn, between Willows and Chico.
THE ALDER SPRINGS STAGE
Alder Springs was the place to send the family during hot weather. There were numerous rental cabins here plus a store, post office, and saloon. The Stanley Steamer Stage replaced a six-horse stage previously used on the run from Elk Creek. The Alder Springs Post Office closed June 1940. This photo dates from 1918 and is in the archives at the Alta Schmidt House Museum and is courtesy of the Orland Historical & Cultural Society.
The Restored Monroeville Cemetery
The Monroeville Cemetery was restored in 1980 by archaelogists from Chico State University and Butte College. It is located about 5 miles south of Hamilton City on Hwy. 45. It's most famous resident is Willliam Ide, who was associated with the "Bear Flag Revolt" in Sonoma in 1846. Ide was President of the short-lived California Republic.